The PMI Project Management Ready™
certification is a new way for students to immerse themselves in the
project management industry and get involved with this passionate
community of professionals. This is an entry level certification that
does not require any prior work experience in project management and/or
may not have the minimal educational hours needed to take the Certified
Associate in Project Management (CAPM)® exam.
The certification covers four key topics:
- Project Management Fundamentals and Core Concepts
- Business Analysis Framework
- Traditional Plan-Based Methodologies
- Agile Methodologies
PMI Project Management Ready can give students exposure to the
concepts and field of project management, and the tools to apply this
knowledge to a wide range of career paths.
What are the benefits of certifying?
- Everyone completes projects and can benefit from project management
skills. This new certification allows educators to engage with students
interested in project management.
- Earning a professional credential gives students a competitive edge as it demonstrates their knowledge and competencies.
- Earning a credential prior to graduation also gives students this
competitive edge as they pursue additional education, internship
opportunities, the military, or employment.
PMI Project Management Ready fills the need for an
industry-recognized certification that allows career and technical
education institutions to add value to their programs.
What is included in the certification exam?
The exam tests the candidate's knowledge on:
- Fundamental Core Concepts of Project Management
- Business Analysis
- Traditional Project Management Methodology
- Agile Project Management Methodology
For more detailed information on what is included in the exam, please review the exam objectives.